View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 05:52 AM   #34
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
To the OP, the similarities may be coincidental, but then again who knows......we have had design inspiration from current cars before.

This whole EV thing with GM says to me that they are no longer interested in the buying wants of customers like myself. They are chasing a pipe dream in the hopes of returning to their former glory of being #1. It is just that; a dream. You can't be a #1 auto maker if you no longer are interested in the automotive culture. It seems (to me) that GM is cutting out all of the good things that made their cars great in their quest of becoming a zero emissions auto maker. That may prove to be fatal, especially if their rivals continue to manufacture ICE cars that their customers like.

It is also sad that the day is looming near that I (myself) will no longer patronize GM or Chevrolet. Outside of their pickup trucks and large SUVs, there are no more cars in their line-up that interest me. Its a lingering hope that the company will see the light and change their direction of the moment. For this to happen the company may need new leadership.
Agreed. Another reason they are going all in on EVs is because it is a growth market and they want to drive the stock. It could flop but I think if they are truly able sell to Equinox and Blazers EV SUVs in the $30-$45k range then they will sell as many as they can produce. However, they may be underestimating the number of people who are not willing to go electric just yet for a variety of reasons. GM also doesn’t have the same brand appeal as Tesla.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote