View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 10:19 AM   #1
doogie2SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Not the power I had expected

last year I installed the Texas speed stage 3 cam with a 32% fuel lobe, all new valve springs, and the DOD/AFM delete, 16 Johnson racing lifters, Texas speed 7.825 push rods, cold air inductions (cold air intake), Texas speed headers 1 7/8 with cat deletes, Borla type S axle back exhaust, ( everything in the middle still factory exhaust). I then went to the dyno and after everything was done the Camaro put down 497.63 whp and 442.95 torque ( I did not get a baseline ) and the car is a M6. This year I installed MSD atomic manifold with katech 103mm throttle body, had my stock heads milled .003, ported, and a 5 angle valve job ( heads was ported by hand, NOT cnc'ed), DSX flex fuel, Granatelli spark plug wires, and a set of Weapon X valve covers. Went back to the same Dyno and tuner and Camaro put down 506.47 whp on pump 93 and I didnt see the torque, they then activated the flex fuel and put in 10 gallon of E-85, and the finale was 533.65 whp and 477.38 torque. I guess my question here is i thought for sure I would have gained more then 8 whp on pump gas with the added up grades, I was figuring 15-25 hp with manifold and throttle body and 25-30 hp with head work and 20-30 hp with flex fuel. Does anyone see anything wrong with this build are the numbers good,I'm not going to mention the turner name, or business, because if theres something wrong with install well thats on me and dont want to give a business a bad name for something I might have did wrong, any input is highly greatful, just want to make sure there is nothing im missing or over looking at this point. I have posted 2 sheets of the flow sheets for the head work also
Attached Images

doogie2SS is offline   Reply With Quote