View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 11:35 AM   #13
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I recommend PPF on the full front (including splitters and side air intake), full hood, full front fenders, side mirrors, and the lower half of the fenders/quarter panels in front of and behind the rear tires. I have XPEL PPF in all of those areas plus at the rear edge of the doors and in the door handle recess area. It wasn't cheap (but still way less expensive than your quote), but it was completely worth it to me thus far. My car is new and I was completely paranoid the first week while driving it around without PPF.

The tires in the ZL1 don't stick out as far as the ZLE, so you may consider going higher on the rear fenders, and doing the side skirts and lower 1/4 of the doors as well.

The XPEL PPF is pretty tough - and if any segment gets any damage, you only have to pay to have that portion re-done, and not all of the areas. The stuff is incredibly clear. You can't tell it's on the car unless you see a seam, or can see the difference in orange peel between the PPF and the paint. There's a slight difference in orange peel but you'd never notice if you didn't know exactly what to look for. It doesn't tint the color at all that I can tell.

For the uncovered parts: If you wash your car properly it should minimize swirling in the paint - I always use a steady flow of running water with a microfiber wash-mit. I never rub the car with a wash mit without spraying water on the area I'm rubbing at the same time. It works very well minimizing scratches.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote