Thread: 2021 Mustang
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 06:55 AM   #29
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
The Mach1 makes sense from a Ford perspective. With the handling package you are getting the handling components and cooling from the GT350 (the PP2 still suffers from heating issues) and the Tremec manual which addresses the negativity of the MT82, and you get a Coyote motor. You also get some of the premium things the GT350 never got like digital dash.

But.. You lose the Voodoo which made the GT350 so distinctive and you basically have the same HP as a Bullitt. Personally I think they should have bumped the HP up a little in the Mach1 so it would have sat between a Bullitt and GT350 and still had the more reliable Coyote.

They made so many GT350's that it might be hard to argue buying a Mach1 for the same price as a nicely configured low mileage GT350 with an extended warranty.

Where the Mach1 may have some appeal is the A10 offering as people who can't/won't drive a manual did not buy a GT350 and the GT500 is just very expensive. But I don't believe you can get an A10 and the handling pack on the Mach1?

It also just makes the SS1LE/SS2LE and ZL1 all the more a better value by the time you add up the costs.
Yea handling pack is still m6 only. Ford doesn't use slush box autos on any track car, either m6 or dct. I actually sort of feel the 2021 a10 ss 1le was a quiet response to the a10 mach 1.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote