View Single Post
Old 01-29-2022, 07:40 PM   #298
zxspeedspec
Banned

Drives: Faster than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
A lot of people see car sales, and think that GM is doing bad because they are 3rd, 2nd, 4th, etc., etc. It's like GM trucks. Everyone thinks that Fords are the best selling, and sure on paper they are until you add GMC sales to Silverado sales, and GM sells more or is right there. Meanwhile, Ford deeply discounts the F150s so that they can have bragging rights. GM has people that specifically study the market and tailor their strategy for maximum profits, not "best selling". About the one nameplate that GM is ok with going almost all in on is the Corvette (and to some extent the high end Caddies), but that's because the Corvette is a halo car. I mean they built a flat plane crank V8 for the Z06 which will be around at best for 3 years, which tells me that they can perform when they want to.
Did I miss something? The C7 Z06 debuted in 2015 and lasted until 2019. If anything, since the C8 launched during COVID I would expect it to last several more model years than the C7 plus with rumors of the C9 being electric I could see GM stretching it a few more years on top of that to get the EV tech sorted.
zxspeedspec is offline   Reply With Quote