View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 05:59 PM   #21
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
Most notable difference I think is the LT5 uses port injection and direct injection, the LT4 uses only direct injection.

Has carbon build up on the intake valves been a problem for anyone with the LT4? Haven't heard any complaints about it and it's been around a while now.

Different customers. Some people want 4 seats, some are okay with two. Most of those that want a Vette, wouldn't consider a Camaro. No matter what it had in it. The LT5 in the ZL1 would have put the ZL1 with, if not ahead of the GT500 and Redeye as far as acceleration goes. Unfortunately, it's not gonna happen.

I have somewhat of an answer to the carbon build up question. Here is a pic of my heads and vlv's disassembled for my build after 10 K mi. Builder said everything looked really good. Cleaned them all up like new and are now running in my build. No CC during that time.
Attached Images

BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is online now   Reply With Quote