View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 10:23 AM   #4
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northtrack View Post
The next event is a time attack @ Mosport/CTMP later this month, with the timed portion in the afternoon of the second day. If I'm going try to get another couple of days out of this set of fronts, ideally I'd like to be able to run hard without having to worry about tire preservation.

Based on the look of the fronts, I think I've probably got another couple of days out of them, but haven't heard or read about many drivers getting 20-25 heat cycles out of their G3R's so not sure what to expect.

Interesting comment re the camber issue, and I'm a little surprised to hear that I may be running less camber than most. I thought most ZLE's that are tracked are running the GM specs, but that may be an incorrect assumption.

I know Mosport is not a tough track on tires (ala Calabogie) so maybe my tire wear experience is more of a function of the track than anything else. Ultimately, in just interested in others perspectives and experience with respect to the G3R heat cycle longevity and performance at end of life.

On a related note, I'm planning to do 3 days at Calabogie in July, and thinking I'll try the G3's for that event as I'm not confident that I could get 3 days out of a set of G3R's including driving to/from.

I think GM calls for 2.5F and 2.0R yet i think a vast majority runs F at much closer to 3, it not beyond it.

My mechanic is 15mins from Mosport in Port Perry and often works Saturdays. So possibly he could mount new fronts for ya before the TT run (OTA I assume?).
Let me know...

Good call on Calabogie. A buddy with a ZL1 corded his G3Rs F after half a day (down to steel carcass!), but he ran aggressive camber (3.4 i think?). That track is getting more abrasive every season now and i corded my G3s there on day 4 (but mildly and still drive home on them with no drama).

Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote