View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 03:17 PM   #24
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
As someone that spent most of last year researching a car to buy and monitoring the market daily, I think you have it completely backwards. The 6th gen SS 1LE was on my VERY short list of cars to buy, it's a FANTASTIC car and the 6th gen chassis is much better than the 5th gen, as a starting point for racing. However, the SS 1LE doesn't differ from a standard SS enough to matter as much as the Z/28 as far as collectibility is concerned. The ZL1 1LE's will be sought after, I'm sure. But the ZL1 1LE's are in a different price range from current Z/28 prices and I believe they are made in greater numbers. And again, I'm talking about CURRENT market prices, not original MSRP.
It all depends on what you want ,The Z28 is a track car that is near kidney belt territory on a 6 hour road trip ,and the SS 1Le is great over the road car and really good track car . When i drove the 2105 Z28 they wanted $48k for it which was close to the SS 1Le and for me the Z28 was no way worth the money in comparison to what the 1Le had to offer ,even tho the Z28 will send chills up your spine when you start it.Even talking about current prices sooner or later someone will have to do a brake job and that will always hold the price lower , same thing happens to Mercedes with Carbon Brakes .
I been following pricing and trends of cars and parts as a hobby for many years and i'm no expert but i just don't see a great future for the 5th gen Z28 .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote