View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 01:30 PM   #21
1295/SS

Drives: 87 GNX 87 Turbo T '13 CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
As someone that spent most of last year researching a car to buy and monitoring the market daily, I think you have it completely backwards. The 6th gen SS 1LE was on my VERY short list of cars to buy, it's a FANTASTIC car and the 6th gen chassis is much better than the 5th gen, as a starting point for racing. However, the SS 1LE doesn't differ from a standard SS enough to matter as much as the Z/28 as far as collectibility is concerned. The ZL1 1LE's will be sought after, I'm sure. But the ZL1 1LE's are in a different price range from current Z/28 prices and I believe they are made in greater numbers. And again, I'm talking about CURRENT market prices, not original MSRP.
Exactly. Bang for the buck is a non issue when talking future interest. The 4th gen 1LE gets no interest and the 3rd gen 1LE was a marketing gimmick that some still believe. Neither actually performed better than their non 1LE counterparts and the current SS 1LE performs only marginally better than the SS. The Z28 is just too hard to justify driving much but is on a different performance level than the 1LE other than ZL1 1LE.
1295/SS is offline   Reply With Quote