View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 05:06 PM   #36
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
Appreciate all the comments...ok most of them. :-)

I will not claim to be an expert drag racer, but I've got more than a couple of hundred passes all in stickshifts from street tires to 11.40's on itty bitty drag radials. I'm happy with a 2.0x 60 foot...not interested in abusing for that last bit on street tires.

This car has an issue. Month ago I ran it at Palm Beach road track event and it lost power after about 10 minutes to the point engine misses and loss of ~30 mph on the front straight until the Check Engine Light illuminated. Drove 3 hours home with no issue (at light throttle of course).

The thread:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539024

My comment on the dealer stating bad gas was on a visit immediately following that road course. They did indeed detect random misfires on all cylinders. A possibility was bad gas so they did not elect to change any parts, etc. I had no recourse at the time. There are other possibilities...

I've felt misfires on the street however slight or at extreme accels (3rd WOT and 5000+ rpm). It is not consistent. Tough for me to make it to the dealer to show the situation.

Time slips:

Yes it was Bradenton...the air wasn't perfect, but should not impact performance to that degree - 1400 feet is not terrible!

I've noticed flat spots in the rev range...go WOT at 2000 rpm and it will hit flat spots as it revs...again not consistent.

The car does have a GMPP air box (was factory installed). I'm not confident it is beneficial...noting the MAF sensitivities. I'm attempting to buy an OEM air intake setup to compare.

Lastly, the no lift shift feature doesn't seem to really work on this car, IMO. I can tell it works some of the time, but others, it feels like a full on power shift - not something I care to perform on my new $47K car! The quickest run that night certainly felt like full on powershifts. I will pull the PDR video when able.

Unsure if all connected.

I bought this particular car because it had 8 miles on it - broke it in as per the manual, etc.

I may put it on the dyno for more data...at least for a baseline.

Dave - thanks for the comment / offer. I'm not one to shoe another's auto - we can line up side-by-side though and give it a go?!
I say dyno it. I have the CAI intake (same as the gm unit) and i made 424 Horse and 430TQ to the wheels. granted every dyno is different but I run door to door with a buddy with the same power on a different dyno in a modded 5th gen. The dyno should give you a better idea. Also have them map out your air fuel. Couldnt hurt.

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote