View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 07:07 AM   #337
68fbjjz109

Drives: 15 GTPP, CUCV Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
LOL, I noticed that a LOT of them were removed. Thanks for cleaning up our forum BTW!! They all must be steaming mad!! I was talking about a certain one who is SS Friendly, lol!!

I'd be my own Trinity, lol!!

I could see them making the GT500 like a better GT350R if they got rid of the garbage FPC engine and those super-expensive CF wheels. That would free up money to actually build a car like they should have in the first place instead of trying to be all fancy and cute. Looking at the original MSRP of the 13 GT500 in comparison to the 13 ZL1, they were almost the same price but just off by a few hundred dollars. So I think they could make a GT500 with more power than the current ZL1 and with similar handling for around the same price. They would probably give it less options tho. But I wonder if they'll target the standard ZL1 price point or the ZL1 1LE price.
I could see the CF wheels staying or if nothing else be an option like the previous SVT TP on the GT500 or what the GT350R is to the GT350. They are only getting cheaper for Ford from a volume consideration, however the images of the Brakes look like a 20" wheel is required for packaging. So it likely wouldn't be the same wheel.

Last edited by 68fbjjz109; 12-13-2017 at 07:17 AM.