View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #8
JSC81

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdown View Post
guys - no one wants to hear it, but peel and seal is NOT the same.

you dont have to take my word for it, god knows I havent always taken the word of those in the know... but over the last 20 years, I have used pretty much every kind of peel-n-seal, snow roof, henry's, rhino-liner, etc...

Its not my car your trying to work on... its yours. but, being that I HAVE used every kind of cheaper sound deadening option I could find and instead go back to the stuff like Rattle Trap should say something.

you can spend 20.00 on 6 or 7 layers of peel-n-seal and hope that it all sticks and doesnt melt, or you can spend 35.00 on a butyl based vibration solution and not have to worry about it at all.

I spent 35k on my car, spending 35.00 more on a real deadener instead of roofing material didnt seem like its enough to break the bank.

Now... having said all that... I do recommend that if guys are looking to save a little cash, you can use 3-4 layers of Peel-n-seal on the floor of the trunk or the floor of the cab (though your still running the risk of stink), but at least there it wont run, drip, or release from the panel and fall.
My entire trunk has Dynamat from lid to everywhere else I could stick it I used 20 sheets of it to be exact. The LID WILL STILL VIBRATE ON THE WINDOW... lol