View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 06:52 AM   #13
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
Yep that was me. Way to much vacuum was pulling into the can filling it up. 8oz in 100 miles and into the intake it went, fouling plugs and loading the magnuson with oil. The old can had a different style clean output, think it was like a small barb fitting that could be drilled, widened if needed more vacuum. New one is similiar to the dirty side, just a big fitting, hole twice the size. They put the restrictor inside the clean side of the vacuum line. I get a teaspoon or less now in a few hundred miles. and its now crankcase gases etc and not pure oil .

So yes, match up correctly the type of can and setup you have so it works properly. A can with a cam and a can with stock cam yields 2 different results especially the vacuum at idle.
Not the full story IMO. Your thread mentions that you’re also running the Speed Engineering valve covers, which are not baffled nearly as well as the stock ones. I feel like any catch can would have pulled significantly more oil in that situation until adjustments were made IMO.