View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 05:06 PM   #600
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post
it makes ya wonder if they are trying to relinquish a little responsibility there, especially when the motor warranty repair bill was nearly half the cost of the car(30k all said and done) and how many our eyes have seen them do. that math just cannot work out well in ford's favor...then add in all the lemons...

and i totally agree, it could happen at any of the big 3 dealers in my area too, but what i experienced from my 350 ordeal was simply it's own kind of special lol.
That’s exactly what I was thinking for the new wording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post
do you know the past verbiage by chance? because i thought it used to say "timed event"(something along those lines)...making HPDE perfectly fine, along with a test and tune night. just saying "track" now is pretty vague.

the new wording would make me a little gun shy.
Agreed, I definitely don’t remember my GT350 manual being that vague. It was something along the lines of competitive timed racing was cause for a voided warranty. Not just “track use.” Ford is in such disarray right now and hemorrhaging money it doesn’t surprise me they snuck a massive change like that in there.

GMs (and via Al O. IIRC) is at least very up front. Don’t change a thing and you are covered. Fair enough for me at least.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote