View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 07:12 PM   #3
Doin It For Dale

Drives: Bald Eagle,
I don't believe that the LT5 will fit under the ZL1 hood, but top hats can certainly be redesigned.

GM was conducting "future powertrain testing" back in the summer at Laguna Seca, and there were multiple Camaros on track. The person from CorvetteForum that was there did not say what kind of Camaros, nor what they sounded like, likely out of respect for the engineers. However, they're 100% working on a new Camaro model of some sort. It could've been the hybrid powertrains, DOHC V8s, or the new tripower 2.7L engine undergoing testing, but it could've also been the LT5. The ZR1 will be built for the 2020 model year, according to tons of dealers and insiders, as well as information that was dug up, on Corvette forums. GM wants to produce C8s and C7s on the same line, but even if that doesn't happen, the ZR1 won't be affected as it is hand-assembled(low production makes had-building cheaper than making new equipment to assemble them). I think that the use of the LT5 in a Camaro will hurt the appeal and sales of the ZR1, and that the LT5 won't be used in a Camaro while the C7 ZR1 is on the market. Yet at that point, the DOHC V8s will be production-ready and there 6th gen Camaro's years will be numbered...

I would love to see an LT5-powered Camaro to fight the new GT500, wherever that silly snake is right now. Ford can't beat 755hp AND the alpha platform for the same money.
Doin It For Dale is offline   Reply With Quote