View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 12:07 PM   #24
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
You are looking at that incorrectly. The first four columns are MODEL years affected, NOT production years. The two columns after that, under the Date Breakpoint header are the units affected. The "From" "SOP" means Start of Production. The 8L's started production for use in 2016 and later model vehicles. The "To" column is likely a point at which the factory stopped using the older fluid and began using the newer stuff, so they determined a "break point" at which the shudder issue was resolved in manufacturing (by using the new fluid type).

I'll be taking my 2016 2SS (with 1880 miles on it) into the dealer as soon as it comes out of storage here in snowy MI. I'm taking the TSB with me. Don't know if it has the issue as I haven't even driven it since buying it Dec 1. I'm going to head it off at the pass, so to speak!

I'm not sure why a dealer wouldn't just do the TSB now, since verification is not required. That's cashflow for the service dept that comes from GM's pocket, not theirs! (at least for cars under 6-60, which all are under 6, but some may be >60) If I were a dealer I'd be "suggesting" this service to every customer!
I see your point - but it's still very poorly worded IMO.

I need to take my 2018 Colorado in at some point to have this done, I will take this TSB with me. Looks like it was corrected in that vehicle in 2019, so since I bought it in July 2018 it's within the window for sure.

Still under B2B in my case too. Under 10K miles still too.

My Camaro is a M6 so no worries there.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote