View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 11:36 AM   #22
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
The wording is super confusing anyway - who wrote this anyway? Were they intentionally making it super vague?

"Vehicles that are presented with TCC shudder should have the appropriate fluid
exchange procedure completed. Diagnosis beyond the customer compliant is not
required if vehicle was built prior to production dates indicated above.
For vehicles built after the production dates listed above."

The product date is listed as a range. The wording says diagnosis not required if vehicle build prior to production dates indicated above. That makes no sense. That literally means it was built before the date range listed, not within the date range listed. So you could have a pretty hard time convincing a dealer that GM meant to say diagnosis isn't required for vehicles built within the range of production dates listed. Which isn't what the TSB says.

Typical GM....
You are looking at that incorrectly. The first four columns are MODEL years affected, NOT production years. The two columns after that, under the Date Breakpoint header are the units affected. The "From" "SOP" means Start of Production. The 8L's started production for use in 2016 and later model vehicles. The "To" column is likely a point at which the factory stopped using the older fluid and began using the newer stuff, so they determined a "break point" at which the shudder issue was resolved in manufacturing (by using the new fluid type).

I'll be taking my 2016 2SS (with 1880 miles on it) into the dealer as soon as it comes out of storage here in snowy MI. I'm taking the TSB with me. Don't know if it has the issue as I haven't even driven it since buying it Dec 1. I'm going to head it off at the pass, so to speak!

I'm not sure why a dealer wouldn't just do the TSB now, since verification is not required. That's cashflow for the service dept that comes from GM's pocket, not theirs! (at least for cars under 6-60, which all are under 6, but some may be >60) If I were a dealer I'd be "suggesting" this service to every customer!
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote