View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
chargerjake

Drives: 2017 2LT
Falcon RS – 2017 Camaro V6 RS Build Log

Introducing FALCON, my 2017 Camaro RS. Named after the US Air Force's F-16 Fighting Falcon fighter jet, she's a Nightfall Gray 2LT equipped with the RS Package, Technology Package, Convenience & Lighting Package, and Adrenaline Red leather interior.

I got the car in June, however I didn't decide to start a build log until into the middle of December. I'm currently in high school right now so most of these mods are either pipe dreams or something I'll need sponsorships for. Maybe I'll run into a few extra bucks here and there. Regardless of whether or not I mod it, I'm extremely blessed to own a car of this quality at such a young age.

I decided to post my build log for this car because it seems like not a lot of people have the V6. Most people post logs of the 2.0T and the 6.2L, but I don't see many people with the 3.6. Maybe it's due to the lack of aftermarket mods (hint hint manufacturers), or maybe they just aren't selling that great. I bought the V6 because it was the best of both worlds for the current Camaro models. If you're here to tell me that I should have bought a 1SS because the 2LT is "overpriced," many other factors were involved besides the fact that it was just a V8, for instance, insurance for a high schooler. Every pony car owner has one thing in common, no matter the engine cylinders: we all bought something we liked. Just clearing that up!

Anyway, here's my plan for this car. Because it's named after a fighter jet, I want to make it very aggressive, yet daily-drivable because I don't own any other cars if this one breaks.

Cosmetic Mods:
C7Carbon 1LE Style Carbon Fiber Spoiler
C7Carbon ZL1 Style Carbon Fiber Side Skirts
C7Carbon ZL1 Style Carbon Fiber Front Splitter (yes, it fits the RS)
Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Rear Valance (Quad Tip)
River City Creations Custom Bowties and RS Badges (Nightfall Gray, Mosaic Black, Red Hot)
GM SEMA Grille with Red Inserts
GM Dark Finish Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light
Diode Dynamics LED Sidemarkers
Powder Coat Wheels Black (currently silver)
Eibach Lowering Springs (.6" front, .9" rear)

Performance Mods:
Borla Atak Catback (Quad Tip, No NPP)
GM Cold Air Intake
High Flow Cats/Headers/whatever LGX has (if anyone ever makes any for LGX )
IPF LGX Tune (claims 366hp/295lbft for stage 2, don't know whether or not it includes the HP gained from those mods. Stage one (stock) claims 350hp/282lbft)

Completed Mods:
MGP Caliper Covers (Red, RS Logo)
Phastek Turn Signal Blackout
Phastek LED Reverse Lights
Phastek LED License Plate Lights
Removed Front Air Dams

More pictures are available on my Instagram (@falcon.rs), and I'll be posting more on this thread as the build progresses. Thank you for reading...have a great day!

Last edited by chargerjake; 12-18-2017 at 03:35 PM.
chargerjake is offline   Reply With Quote