View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #10
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuSe4 View Post
I don't buy this for half of a second. Like GM is going to be cool with some knucklehead getting a programmer and changing all of the parameters. Then when said knucklehead leans out the car and melts it down GM will just warranty it and say "no problem, we will eat your mistake, here is a new engine on us." I call BS.
Subarus can be tuned without Subaru knowing it.

If plp are stupid enough to lean their car out and make their engine explode, its their problem. There will always be stupid plp.

Ford offers tune for their muscle car and GM dont. GM is beeing pretty harsh with their warranty compared to other company IMO. No need for it. Im pretty happy if someone was smart enough to crack their damn software.

GM stole a lot of plp by selling brand new LS3 cars with a defect oil pump that could fail anytime, and by that time, plp with mods, that were totally unrelated to the oil pump, were blame because they had tune/cam/exhaust/whatever. Do we really need to pity GM?? I dont think so. If they need money, they could sell that China headquarter they built recently.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote