View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 03:29 PM   #17
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Finished my first bleed using the Motive Power Bleeder. Keep in mind if you follow this procedure you will be using using about 550ml of brake fluid just to flush and refill the master cylinder 3 times (I could extract about 180ml each time I pulled out the dirty stuff). My bottles held 500ml each (Motol 660) and I had 4. Long story short, it took 3- 500ml bottles to complete the job to my satisfaction- one just for flushing and refilling the m/c prior to Power Bleed and 2 more to bleed the lines and both bleeder valves on each caliper.

I haven't done a shake down drive yet but the clutch is firm and the brake pedal is hard.

Held my breath and took the car out knowing there was some chance I'd introduced air into the system, but I'm happy to report the pedal is rock hard firm and the car will stop on a dime! I strongly recommend anyone with a 5 year old car (I have less than 17K miles on her and live in a low humidity environment) go ahead and bleed out the old fluid. you won't regret the effort.

Last caveat- when opening the bleeder valve don't get in a hurry and open it much more than a 1/4 turn. Keep in mind the "valve" is threaded on both ends and if you remove it too far it is going to allow air to be drawn in around it, giving the impression you're bleeding air out of the system when you are not. You could be there all day and waste a lot of brake fluid. In short, take your time.

Last edited by Ventmaster; 11-25-2021 at 12:05 PM.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote