View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 07:37 AM   #322
DivineStrike

Drives: 05 Ranger Fx4, VW GTI, CBR600RR
I'm liking the sketch. Always liked the 5th gen, and the refresh only made it better IMO. Granted initially I didn't like it as much but it grew on me quickly. The main thing that kept me away from the 5th gen was it's weight, visibility and timing. By the time the 1LE came out, which fixed any other performance woahs I may of had besides weight and Vis, the timing wasn't quite right yet and when the timing was right, the new Mustang was announced with having IRS. I've always been more of a Mustang fan between the old 5.0, and the New Edge. Never disliked the camaro's then either. Just the 5.0 is what started it for me when I was a kid. Now we have the new 5.0, a new design which I happen to like, and IRS. It's a win win for me, since I generally favor the Mustang over the Camaro.

Looks wise though, I like the aggressiveness of the 5th Gen over the s197. the 2011-2014 Mustang refresh helped the mustang catch up in that department. and IMO the new S550 looks better now than the Camaro, not by much since the looks are totally different but I do like it more. But in all honesty I wish the 6th gen was coming out this year alongside the new mustang that way I could properly compare the two. Because if the looks of the Camaro are even more improved, and the weight and vis is improved, based on which one I liked better after a test drive I could possibly choose the Camaro over my loyalties to the Mustang.

But unfortunately for Camaro, the Mustang wins my money (I have one on order) based on timing, performance improvements over the s197 and loyalty as I no longer want to wait around for a new car anymore.

All is not lost for the Camaro though because if it really is that much more improved over the Mustang I could be tempted to switch. However I don't see the Camaro having that much of a significant advantage over the new stang to make me switch. I will enjoy seeing them on the road though. Maybe my brother will get one as he's definitely more of the GM fan than I am. I'm kinda both leaning towards Ford.
DivineStrike is offline   Reply With Quote