View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 08:39 AM   #97
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
What cracks me up is how people want to compare the looks of a Camaro to a full size pick up truck or worse yet a Dodge Charger , which looks as aggressive as a Kia Rio in my eyes .To me it explains a lot about the people who don't like the new design Camaro .No one has to like it, but people will and it will sell and maybe some of those Charger fans will want to step up to a true world class sports car .
The new Blazer has a better looking front end. Of course, GM didn't want to screw that one up (too much) because it's a CUV with a better profit potential in the current hot selling cross-over market. So, the bowtie on that model is closer to the upper grill which looks asthetically better.

The Camaro is already dead due to much lower sales of the Alpha based 6th gen compared to the Mustang and 10 year old Challenger. So, they took a huge gamble by letting the head designer go hog wild with an extremely questionable design choice on the predator-like front grill/bumper treatment.

The lower end LTG and LGX models could not afford such a risky design choice due to higher overall sales on those cars compared to the SS. So, they designed the front end on those models a little more conservatively which ultimately makes them look a lot better.

Similarly, the front end on the ZL1 was left completely alone because it's already optimized. However, any risky design choices done to that model for a mid cycle update could adversely affect sales and the halo effect that it offers for Chevrolet.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote