Thread: vs 2018 Mustang
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 08:40 AM   #2391
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
If we use the reviews comments about how the car feels vs the times it runs, that argument went on for weeks in this forum when the H2H picked the GT350 over the ZL1 because it felt better.

Is it the stopwatch that makes the car better or the feeling and excitement the car generates? I vote the later but most in here did not agree at that time.
Context is everything. Especially when evaluating a track cars “feel”.
Quote:
From the driver's seat, the ZL1 is almost a luxury car. The ride is excellent, and the experience is fairly subdued...

The Shelby GT350R is the opposite. It's almost too much. Due to the superlative steering and sticky tires, the front end tramlines mercilessly...

Look, Chevy knows they left something out on the playing field. That's why the Camaro team is building the ZL1 1LE.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford...gt350r-review/
I get why the GT350R was picked over the C7 Z51 and ZL1. It’s got to be immensely fun to rev a engine out to 8,000 rpm while the whole car shakes violently. Especially if it’s a free test car loaned to you for a week. I just wouldn’t want to own it in or out of warranty for that same reason.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote