View Single Post
Old 05-03-2022, 07:50 PM   #53
super_sxxy322

Drives: '22 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
My C7 Carbon skirts are holding up very well, they're made from thick fiberglass and still attached as tight as on day 1, even though I only used the included self-tappers and tape, not rivets (of which I'm not a fan). Paint quality is good, too, no blotches or runs or anything, they look close to OEM.

The Rokblokz mudflaps are the same price, but much more sturdy and wider, which matters a lot with our 1LE steamrollers. The rear guard stretches all the way across the rear tire, whereas the ZL1 Addons and RPI and other only extend halfway in, meaning the diffuser gets barraged and ravaged from half the tire.

Never worry about the GM splash guards, they'll sell easily as an unopened package (who knows, the parts dept may even have an online portal like trunkmonkeyparts.com or gmpartsdirect.com. Oh, and by the way, the GM splash guards attach with rivets (as well), so they're more difficult to switch away from. I had them on my previous V6 Camaro, they look nice, but don't protect too well either.
Thanks for your input! Sold on the Rokblokz. And that's pretty impressive having the skirts on with just tappers and adhesive. Might have me sold there, too! I also think the kids might be more tempted to step on the AM ones. So there's that!
1/13 - TPW 1/31
2/9 - 3800 - BUILT!
3/2 - 4300
3/14 - 4B00
3/19 - per Chevy chat - finishing up final testing and approvals - dealership ETA 4/16/22
3/29 - 4200 - dealer ETA 4/23
4/5 - 5000 - but can't pick up for another week
4/16 - 6000 - Home Sweet Home
Daily driver... '23 Mazda CX5/Premium Plus (dealer demo)
super_sxxy322 is offline   Reply With Quote