View Single Post
Old 05-03-2022, 03:43 PM   #51
super_sxxy322

Drives: '22 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
I have gloss black side skirts from C7 Carbon (similar to those at the link you provided, with a bit less "chunky" outer edges), and they have great quality & fitment at a not so great, but somewhat acceptable price.

Two things you may want to consider, though:

- one, neither aftermarket side skirts nor the OEM ZL1 skirts are compatible with the GM splash guards, there is an overlap in the front that you'll have to be somewhat creative in resolving if you insist on these splash guards (I recommend ZL1 Addons or even better, Rokblokz if you don't mind the mudflap style); and

- two, aftermarket side skirts are all hollow bottom to allow post-assembly installation, unlike the real ZL1 side skirts that are integrated with the rocker panels or the GM ground effects package skirts that both have a flat bottom, which also means rocks from underneath will hit and may damage the rear end cap of the skirts.

At some point there were ebay sellers that offered ZL1 takeoff rocker panels with the integrated side skirts and already painted, you might want to check those out as well if you can't live with these limitations, but even then the GM splash guards will not fit ZL1 at all, I'd probably just choose a different product.

I do like those C7 Carbon ones with the slimmer fit. Scoped out your garage pics. I know you said all aftermarket side skirts are hollow bottom, so this question is probably already answered... but are these hollow bottom? Either way - how are yours holding up? I'm just curious why the price difference vs the American Muscle.

Already told my parts guy to return the GM splash guards. Hate to be 'that' customer. Oh well. At least I didn't actually pick them up yet. Read your post about the Rokblokz - the ZL1 addons look to be the same style. Rokblokz being slightly longer, maybe...
1/13 - TPW 1/31
2/9 - 3800 - BUILT!
3/2 - 4300
3/14 - 4B00
3/19 - per Chevy chat - finishing up final testing and approvals - dealership ETA 4/16/22
3/29 - 4200 - dealer ETA 4/23
4/5 - 5000 - but can't pick up for another week
4/16 - 6000 - Home Sweet Home
Daily driver... '23 Mazda CX5/Premium Plus (dealer demo)
super_sxxy322 is offline   Reply With Quote