View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 01:14 PM   #31
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Well times have indeed changed. Few people today actually shop for cars like they did 30 years ago. Most people do in fact most if not all of their research online before even walking into a dealer to begin with. It's only a matter of time before the demand is such that auto manufacturers will have to adapt to full on-line configuring and purchasing or risk losing business.

I already know people who don't remember a time before the internet who don't understand why you have to go to a dealer and talk to anyone to buy a car when they can buy a 60" TV and have it delivered to their doorstep with three clicks on a computer mouse.
The difference with online shopping and car shopping is that I can usually return the stuff I buy online if they don't work as they should, or I am just not happy with it. Even if I can't, usually the cost is so low that I won't feel too bad over binning it.

A car, not so much. Tesla used to have a return policy but I believe they recently stopped doing it, so if you don't like something then you are stuck with it(or take a huge hit and resell it). So I would prefer something in real life before I make a decision. Doesn't have to be a dealer, just anything with real cars will do.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote