View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 08:55 AM   #258
6sigma

Drives: rally green LT1 manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
...and gues what else? The non-union workers will get a bump in pay thanks to the union strike and contract. Without the union contract and so-called "high wages" there would be no reason to pay any non-union worker a decent amount at all in comparison. Thanks to the union, even the non-union workers will get a pay raise, and probably the workers in Mexico will do better as well.
I'm glad the strike is over and hope the membership will ratify the new contract.
Yeah, who cares about economics. Force artificially high labor costs through strikes and watch the jobs disappear. Why do you think GM, Ford, FCA are trying like hell to move production to Mexico? The UAW (and unions in general) are dinosaurs and will eventually go extinct. Iron shackles tied to the legs of American manufacturing.

What about the thousands of American workers in the supply chain that just got s**t on by the UAW? They are laid off or furloughed now, with no income, because the UAW brothers and sisters decided they want even more pay and benefits on top of their already highest paid status. These fellow Americans just want to go to work but lost their jobs because the UAW decided to stop working.

Why is the UAW picketing GM dealerships in Detroit? WTF do they have to do with this? They are trying to sell the product that pays for all these high wages and benefits that the UAW is demanding and the UAW decides to go s**t on their front porch. Great way to support your fellow Americans.

What about the 10 UAW leaders that are indited by the FBI for fraud and embezzlement, stealing millions from the very workers they represent? Woops got caught with their hand in the workers cookie jar. Looks like the us vs them attitude exists even within the union. Union leadership against the workers.

The UAW says f**k everyone else, I want mine and as much as I can get and I'm going to play the victim and wrap myself in the American flag and solidarity with union brothers and sisters fighting for a fair wage. And they are already the highest paid workers in the industry, but it's not enough. The UAW is strangling the golden goose, the very thing that is giving them their jobs and money, but they don't care because they want as much as they can get right now. F**k everyone else behind them or in later years - who cares about American manufacturing jobs - they clearly don't since they are willing to kill future jobs in exchange for more money and benefits for them right now.
6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote