View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 06:03 AM   #13
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
So OP, you have used so much certainty in your post. I think it is more hope than anything.

I've watched 2 of my vehicles be built and walked the line with them. My 1984 S-Truck and my 1987 Grand National. I was an employee though so I had access. It is a special treat to watch YOUR car be made.

Years and years ago, GM had a "factory" pickup. Many would come from the West Coast to Flint to drive their new Buick home. But that was also more of a local dealer situation as back then GM charged you actual shipping costs and it was high.

So can you go to Lansing and buy your Camaro and drive it by LGR? Yes.

Will a separate entity build a non associated to GM Camaro museum like Bowling Green and offer this service? Maybe.

So you are asking for two things.

A factory tour. This is not impossible. They used to do it. But it isn't likely. An assembly plant is a dangerous place for untrained people to be walking around. And they aren't going to do this in LGR any more than they did in Oshawa. There is nothing any more special unless you think being made in the US would make GM more inclined. And I doubt that.

Museum delivery? You can get a group together and start a museum. But somebody would have to. GM has an association with the museum, but it isn't GM's museum. So you likely won't get that. And for GM to set up factory delivery? Why? Would they actually sell more Camaros?

Neither are impossible, but both are highly unlikely.

As I said the closest you can get is buy from a Lansing dealer and drive to the plant and sit in the parking lot. And that won't get it done.

There is nothing any more special about this car than the last and there isn't anything more special about LGR than Oshawa.