View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 04:35 PM   #8
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
I completely get you. You have the exact reasons why I skipped the Mustang GT (PP1 and PP2). Honestly, for what the PP2 is, I feel you are, financially, better off getting a PP1 (better ABS tuning, chassis tweaks, performance apps and Torsen diff) and buying suspension bits to upgrade it to-and-above what the PP2 is. That is, if you actually track the car. The Mustang seems like it is more of an "add parts" build than an integrated package like the FE4 setup in the SS 1LE and ZL1 or FEA in the ZL1 1LE, to where it more than a matter of going lower, stiffer and wider.

I was the same with the A10 when driving the Mustang. Although I was impressed with the upgrades Ford did with the MT-82-D4, which is how that transmission should've been since 2011, with the PP2 out of my rational thought process, I then began focusing on a PP1 with A10 that I could modify. But, then S550 platform fell short of "wowing" me.

I was half expecting some M6G guys to come on here and bash me. In all honestly, I hope none of those take my comments to heart. I do not hate the Mustang. Far from it! Just, in respect to a driver's car or performance car, I don't think it's it...
As I said, I am also a fan of the Mustang. I work from home now, but a full lux 2018 A10 GT would be an awesome daily driver to park next to my ZL1 to to commute into the big city. My recycled Rav4 is not nearly as much fun but mostly sits in the back driveway gathering tree dust. Yours is one of the best no fan boy comparisons of the two I have read. What would the Mustangers have to complain about?