View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 06:40 PM   #47
draph

Drives: AcuraTL SH-AWD 6MT and '70 'vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
I thought there were lockout solenoids that have been on the T6 for a long time??
If there's any argument against deactivating the skip shift, we may have found it. No doubt the solenoid that locks out 2nd for skip shift would be the same solenoid that locks out second to prevent accidental shifts from third to second at high revs. Anyone know if these aftermarket skip shift defeat devices are sophisticated enough to only prevent lockout in the skip shift mode, but not in the high rev 3rd to 4th scenario? Better yet, can anyone confirm such an "engine safety" lockout software control scenario exists? I know they didn't exist in the past - the shift linkage spring always pulls to the center of the "six legged H" on well-designed 6MTs - it seems it would take the driver to intentionally pull against that spring to put into second vs. 3rd; but I can see how a novice might do that in the excitement of spirited acceleration. ...I've never tried the Corvette 7MT and have been curious how one can drive with that shift linkage "without having to think about it" to prevent hitting the wrong gear...I guess with a good centering spring, the only real risk is hitting 7th when you wanted 5th because you pushed against the spring too hard when going for 5th...
draph is offline   Reply With Quote