View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 11:53 AM   #27
ChevyCav

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
Don't they have to take off the head to replace the lifter? And did they 'camera inspect' all the lifters?

Hmmm... maybe it's just me but I am very suspect whether they really did enough of a diagnosis. If you damaged one lifter, you may have at the least weakened other components of the valve train.

It's your car of course but if it were my car, I would ask for them to pull both heads, inspect the valves and all the lifters and push rods as well as the rockers and valve springs. Better safe than sorry because if anything was weakened, it will cost you a bunch more down the road.

Good luck.
I'm not sure if they need to take of the head or not to replace the lifters from the way he made it sound I don't think so, I also saw some videos on YouTube of someone using a magnet to retrieve them but idk if it's the same w/ this type of engine. I think he just meant he used the camera to inspect the valves in the cylinder. And yeah once I get it back I plan on doing some of my own kind of diagnostics just for peace of mind if something is out of the ordinary I'll just send it out to a machine shop to replace the entire valve train. Like I said before it ran pretty well other than the misfire that I didn't notice right away, it started up right away and still had that power. The misfire code didn't occur until after I got home. I also drove it to the mechanic and it felt for the most part normal like I said just little bit extra vibration and a rattley idle.
ChevyCav is offline   Reply With Quote