View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 08:47 AM   #57
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
I was in a similar spot recently. Even though my v6 was modded to the brim, it had been burning about a quart every several months since the day I got it stock. I would do an ok job at monitoring it and filling it back up in between oil changes. Then I was an idiot and didn't check oil levels for a couple months and boom... engine light comes on because I am 4 quarts low on oil. So ya, despite the engine burning oil like a chimney, it was my fault for not checking oil every time I filled up. After weighing my options between arguing with GM, getting a rebuild, and swapping engines, I decided to pay 4k total (parts and labor) for a junkyard motor with 40k miles on it and no warranty. The car drives great, and I am currently in a position where I don't know if I should sell it and take the huge loss before anything else breaks, or just keep driving it since I have dumped so much money into it. I am leaning towards the latter since as a college student I am pretty much broke after paying for the swap, so I might as well have a cool car to drive I guess. If I sold my camaro and wanted to break even after getting another car and paying tag/title fees, etc., I would probably have to buy something under 15k, so whats the point.
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote