View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 03:38 PM   #21
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
These two statements are incorrect according to Ross Bentley, who makes a living analyzing this type of data for race car drivers as part of his consulting business, Bentley Performance Systems, which focuses on improving the performance of individuals, teams and organizations through coaching, workshops and the development of custom-designed programs. He has also written many books about techniques for racing and driving on the race track plus he won the 1998 United States Road Racing Championship in the GT3 class and the 2003 24 Hours of Daytona in the SRPII Class.

"whether to downshift through all the gears or do what’s called skip-shifting (going directly from 6th or 5th to 3rd) is a matter of preference, as it rarely makes a difference to lap times...It also helps by allowing you to focus completely on using the brakes, and not worry so much about all the downshifts. If it sounds like I recommend skip-shifting downshifts, you’re right."

Source:
https://speedsecrets.com/q-should-i-...all-the-gears/
Well I was referring to performance shift, which I don't know if the M6's have.

But that's exactly what it does downshifts to the lowest possible gear relative to speed. I imagine there is quite a bit of skip shifting in the 10 speed autos, but rather or not M6's can do it automatically I would imagine that is not the case.

Specifically sharp turns, heavy braking or heavy acceleration is when performance shift kicks in automatically aside from manually engaging it.

Would the M6's be able to do no lift downshifting? I mean if they had to?
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote