View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 04:15 PM   #5
Nightfall1LEKM

Drives: Chevy ZL1 1LE. Ram 2500.
I relogged a couple more runs and kept getting the 3rd gear knock at WOT around 6000 rpm. I am in the Orlando Area and run only 93 octane but Added a fuel octane booster anyways to test it out. On my very first run after a little bit of octane booster from Lucas there was 0 knock retard and have continued to get no knock since the booster. Thanks for the advice with the octane of the fuel. Im going to assume the gas in my area isnt actually 93 for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
Make sure to log any type of timing modifier in the channels pids. Off of the top of my head:

Intake air temp timing
Coolant timing
Torque management timing
Flex fuel timing
final timing
knock retard timing

I think that is it, something like 5-6 timing tables that need to be logged so you can actually see what is pulling the timing.

The stock IAT tables start pulling timing at 85° of intake air temps. Also the cars are tuned from GM on 93 octane, so if you are running 91 the chances of logged detonation increase. The warmer it is outside the higher the chances of detonation increase. The higher the load is on the engine and if the engine is lugged down, it can cause burst knock.

If this was a WOT pull and you noticed the knock being recorded I am going to go with it is fuel knock, not enough octane in order to keep knock at bay. If you have access to E85 you can add 2 gallons of E85 to either 100% 91 or 93 and it will help with knock. That puts you at 91 E10 or 93 E10, to be honest you can go as much as 3 gallons which is E15 and it will really help with detonation and in increasing the octane of the fuel.
Nightfall1LEKM is offline   Reply With Quote