View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 03:40 PM   #9
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
Jesus my eyes hurt reading all this sh!t. You people are like internet fire starters. Sure TECHNICALLY a dealer can deny any warranty claim on a modified part. But there is no such thing as voiding a warranty and whatnot. There are laws against this. They can do what I said, and deny a warranty claim.

But there are plenty of mod friendly dealers out there. You just need to inquire with whatever service writer you will be dealing with. When I had my C6, it had a complete blower kit, tune and headers. I brought that car in several times for warranty work of all kinds. The tech was a car guy and was able to decide if a modded part of the car caused a failure of another part. As well as my service writer was honest with me about what they would cover and not. If it was something that was questionable, they would look at it and if it was not covered because it was directly related to the kit, then I would pay out of pocket.

But there was never any warranty voiding. They just wouldnt cover it. Not a huge deal. Some dealers are not as friendly. Just call ahead and talk to someone.

A simple tune is not a big deal, and shouldnt stop you from getting just about any warranty work done on most of the drivetrain and the rest of the car. Just know they can deny the claim and you will be on the hook for the diagnosis fee as well as the parts/labor.

Wrong, wrong and wrong. You really shouldn't give advice that could potentially cost people 10's of thousands of dollars out of pocket. Your warranty can absolutely be voided for nothing more than a "simple tune" as you say. Here is a guy following your advice, who just got his warranty blocked last month..
Attached Images

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote