View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 06:28 AM   #6
Shawnqa800720

Drives: 2018 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
You answered your own earlier problem statement in another thread. Companies are increasingly forced into being dicks because of certain customers trying to play this "game". Modding a part equals surrendering OEM warranty on it, pretending said modding never occurred is fraud, plain and simple.

Good investigative reporting! I know the stance on warranty issues with GM. What I am asking is if any clever hacker has found a way around it. I'd love to do some simple tune modifications, but not going to risk my warranty to do it.

I know it is fraud, but I feel it is evening the playing field. With all the BS Chevy has put its customers through with the A8 transmission (I've had two with the issue, and it has been a disaster dealing with them), it'd be nice to have the customers win one too. If GM was a "stand up" organization, always doing right by its customers, I'd have a different opinion. I'd still want to be able to mod my car, but I'd be much more defensive about "frauding" them.
2018 Red Hot 1SS, GM lowering kit & 1LE Sway bar kit, ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings, BMR sway bar end links, GM CAI w/tune, Pray ported IM, Mamo ported TB, VS Forged VS07 rims 20x11 & 20x10 w/ Michelin PS4S
Shawnqa800720 is offline   Reply With Quote