View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 01:42 AM   #28
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Well if that's true, it's one weird change for 2019, because I have navigation on my 2018 and this lock option works on mine...

Also, IO6 is a 2016-2018 infotainment RPO name, specifically the one I have, and the 8" head unit w/o nav went by IOS in 2019, so I have some doubts about whether this information is correct. It also makes zero sense to take away a valuable feature from a higher spec infotainment unit, but then that would not be fully unexpected from GM.

Hopefully someone else with a 2019 + navigation or a dealer/aftermarket vendor that has more information can chime in to help you. Could this be a Canada-specific change perhaps?
16-18 run on MyLink while 19+ run on Infotainment 3, so they are different systems with different software and possibly hardware as well.

I read the comments on the papers they gave me, which said that a "dummy vehicle" with IO6 RPO has the auto door unlock options. The guys at the shop mentioned that they have a few 18 Crush Hot Wheels lying around, so they could have tested it on that.

But yeah, if someone with a 19+ w/navigation(so 3LT or 2SS/ZL1 with it optioned) can chime in, that could help me see if the dealer's explanation is true.

And yes, I agree with you that I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a mistake in the firmware for the IOT...

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote