View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 09:22 AM   #26
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Yea I wouldn't base anything off that race between them. Laynlo is seasoned veteran at the track, Lethal is not. He would probably pick up a good amount removing that 1le wing. Also I don't think he ran any better with his procharger setup either.

The Maggie has shown more results simply because Mike(toohighpsi) was on the forums actively pushing the Maggie along with Laynlo from the release date of these 6th gens. Mike was the first to show a basically stock 6th gen with a Maggie capable of clicking off a high 10 @129 pass. Nobody else was really pushing 1/4 times with any FI setup...more so just dyno numbers. I think that kick started a lot of sales right off the bat for Magnuson.

I also believe the first Whipple setups released for the 6th gen were gen 2 rotos and the gen 3 stuff didn't come around till September of last year. The newer gen 3 lobes have increased efficiency quite a bit. Nobody talks about that kind of stuff around here. This forum lacks a lot of technical talk and it's kind of disappointing.

In the end I am a fan off all of them... I have owned Procharger in the past and I have also owned a car that had a Eaton supercharger on it. Imo for a street car the torque of a PD blower makes for a fun ride, but then again the LT1 already makes gobs of torque, so do you really need it?

My opinion is buy whatever you can get the best deal on because the fuel system is where the money needs to be spent. All of these Supercharger setups can make more power efficiently then the stock fuel system will allow.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is online now   Reply With Quote