View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 11:16 PM   #47
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernCamaroZ28Fan View Post
It sounds like there is a comparison between an optioned LT1 to a bare-bones SS. Of course, the SS is going to be cheaper. An LT1 is still going to be between a grand or two cheaper than a similarly optioned SS. If anyone wants to upgrade their car afterward, they still have a good amount of money to spare. However, they'll have to live with missing out on a few standard SS features.

I mean sure it baffles me why someone would pay 2SS money for an LT1, seems like a rip-off. But, different buyers have their reasons for buying the LT1 over the SS. The prominent reasons come to looks, or not wanting so many electronics that might eventually break. Maybe, they just want a DIY car. Every buyer has their reasons.

IMO if you're a fast in a straight line guy and want to mod away then I think a stripper LT1 is a great option. Especially if you just want to throw in the super charger and everything else bare bones on the car.

A lot of guys are like that. I would have bought an LT1 if they had a bare bones, A10 within 100 miles of me. Instead I settled on a well loaded 2ss, 2016 but very low miles that was still cheaper than a new LT1.

Would any of you buy a super stripped LT1 if all that was included was the AC if the price was super cheap? Like if this was 1969 where you could order muscle cars bare bones for max performance.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote