View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 06:15 PM   #1
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Beezl1's build thread low cost build thread! 100 hp for $2071.00

ATI 918856(w) Damper $325.00 (got lucky found listing on EBAY lost freight from whipple company selling new dampers)
ATI 916227 or Lingenfelter L220170709 115.00 (black Friday Summit)
GATES Greenback k080845HD 28.00 (amazon)
Rotofab $350.00 (black Friday)
Texas Speed Headers $599.00 no cats (black Friday TSP)
LS1 ATI 951499 damper bolt summit 9.75
NGK 6510 1 step cooler plugs 7.00 ebay
Tune $500.00 discounted since I've used him on 3 builds in past.

Search ebay for the ATI balancer with the above number.. the w means made or rebranded for whipple same balancer. The pulley is cheaper at summit I had 50.00 off 100.00 dollar order. The gates belts found on ebay.

Header directions:

1. REMOVE Neg battery cable
2. REMOVE Air intake
3. REMOVE COOLANT TANK
4. REMOVE DIPSTICK TUBE BOLT
4. REMOVE STOCK EXHAUST comes out through top
5. REMOVE PASS SIDE VALVE COVER (BLK COVER, COILS, VALVE COVER PCV HOSES)
6. REMOVE BLK COVER ONLY DRIVERS SIDE AND DISCONNECT UPPER BOLT CLOSER TO DRIVER ON STEERING SHAFT MOVE OUT OF THE WAY
7. I REMOVED STARTER SHIELD COVER THE BOLT HEAD TOUCHES BUNGS WHILE SLIDING HEADERS IN.
8. PASSENGER HEADERS GO IN THROUGH THE TOP
DRIVERS SIDE THROUGH BOTTOM
9. TEST FIT CONNECTION PIPES AND CUT
10. TIGHTEN UP CONNECTIONS AND REVERSE PROCEDURE DON'T FORGET DIPSTICK TUBE.

I made my own damper puller it was really low profile. No one had a tool instock that would fit to rent. I also made my own ATI damper installer.. a lot people say use the old bolt to draw it on NOT!

Damper installation. .

1. Remove intake
2. Remove fan Assembly ( may not have to with my tool) it's tight fit but it will come out with out losing coolant.. the quick disconnect on upper drivers side that's cools some type of oil does have to disconnect.)
3. Remove supercharger belt use 15mm socket or wrench
4. Remove the serpentine belt by pushing downward on the HYD damper arm slowly it like a compound bow hard to push them it releases fast at a certain point.
5. Remove the AC Belt if reusing the belt find a thin piece of metal that's ply able that you can walk it between the belt and AC pulley grooves turn the crank over by hand with a 15/16 socket while guiding the thin metal under the belt and grooves once the belt is on the metal and no grooves are seen the belt can be easily slipped off the ac pulley. The metal will wrap all the way around AC pulley.
6. Use a Strong Impact gun to remove OEM damper bolt or use a cheater bar and remove the starter ro install the tool that holds the flywheel from turning as you break free the damper bolt.
7. Install your puller I used my own.. I though it be better pressing against bolt vs. the threads inside the crankshaft I damage the threads about 20 years ago and never will use a gear or puller again on the threads of anything. I also drilled a hole in the bolt head so the point of my puller would stay straight.
8. It may be necessary to tap the end of the puller or damper with hammer the vibration somehow breaks ot loose an old trick I learned a long time ago. Normally I wouldn't hit on a damper but this will never see action nor was it hard enough to damage anything. You will know it breaks loose when you put wrench on the puller and the puller bolt is slightly loose.. now just turn the bolt that pulls the damper off.
9. Intstall the ATI hub onto the damper line up the dimples on the hub and damper use the bolts to draw it on evenly torque to ATI's directions
10. Oil/grease crank hub so the seal on the timing cover doesn't run dry line up keyway and push on beat you can evenly.
11. Use the old damper bolt to draw on the new ATI damper by cutting the flange head off and welding 7/16 x 4 inches long all thread stud to the end of the oem crank bolt that you cut. Next thread it into crankshaft all the way, next install a big washer that will fit the damper with out going inside hub and going up against crank otherwise you will not draw on the damper. Next thead on a 7/16 nUT on to the all thread against that washer and turn the nut drawing the balancer on. Seat it up all the way..
12. Remove your tool or a real damper installer and use the impact gun set to 250 ft lbs or use torque wrench and the flywheel tool to torque correctly.
13. Next install ac belt by turning crank and guiding it over the ac pulley
14. Install serpentine belt
15. Install the blower 9.17 ring with 3 bolts from the ATI damper 3/8 12pt apply blue loctite 242 torque to 28 ft lbs
16. install blower belt
17. Reinstall fans if you removed and air filter

All the shops I called wanted 4300 to 5000.00 for the parts and labor.

Scratch that Vengeance wants $7300
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 07-03-2022 at 09:58 AM.
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote