View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 06:54 AM   #14
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOYD3800SII View Post
The nice thing about the twin turbos is that the orientation is almost perfect to hang off the side of the LGX engine. The turbines attach at an angle. They can still be used by TIG or MIG welding the LGX flanges onto the turbine hosing and then drilling out the holes to match the bolt pattern. The flanges I am using are only 1/2 inch, and I might just need two on each side to get perfect clearance. The passenger side has a boatload of room for the turbo to fit even with minor modifications to the exhaust system The drivers side has a little less because the steering wheel shaft is partly in the way. I measured about 1.5 inches of clearance needed for the actual compressors to not make contact with the block. If I get the turbos mounted then I can remove the metal intake tubes and rotate the compressor housings to where I need them to go. Also, I am going to change out the wastegates because they are vacuum operated instead of boost operated. Also considering getting rid of the internal WGs by welding the pistons shut and then welding on a 35MM external WG. its alot of work but I think that with the modifications to the turbos that they will fit well on the motor.
Why not just try the ATS-V manifolds?

Secondly, what do you mean in bold?

Lastly, yes, lay a bead where the flapper shaft exits the turbine housing while the flapper is closed. Then just make a WG feed port in the manifold or turbine housing.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote