Thread: Useless???
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 02:23 PM   #16
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8minus4 View Post
I've seen hoods in the past where the paint became dull due to lack of underhood insulation. I wouldn't call it clear coat failure, but long exposure to high heat will definitely dull paint. I'm not telling anyone here not to remove the insulation, but that removal may result in paint damage somewhere down the road. Better safe than sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
8minus4, don’t try to explain anymore! Let people believe what they want to no matter what is being said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8minus4 View Post
Agreed.
Guys, I can still hear you.

I'd like an alternative to my crusty hood liner, I could spray paint it, but I have no idea how that would look. I already removed mine, it's been fine so far, but that's too little time to know if there would be long time damage obviously.

I just know there's vehicles that are manufactured without any hood liners to begin with. There's tons of aftermarket hoods that are made without any liner, I just have a hard time believing that removing the liner will cause damage when there's a lot of vehicles on the road that don't have any type of liner under the hood. I like proven facts other than anecdotal evidence.