View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 09:54 PM   #147
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Spectrum lighting is (was) yet another epic fail on these cars. There's ZERO point in allowing the driver to choose to associate colors to driving modes and then pre-choose what color goes with what mode according to what GM wants. Just add it to this list...

- Spectrum lighting brightness can't be adjusted independently of the other lighting in the car, and it's too much brighter than everything else
- The head-up display is invisible in the daytime if you're wearing polarized glasses because of the polarization angle they use for its display - you have to tilt your head to the right to see it
- The car always starts up with Rev Match off (Manual)
- The car always starts up in Touring mode
- Steering, suspension, and exhaust settings are either full manual or associated to driving modes according to what -GM- thinks is appropriate
- NPP valves are open at start and close 5 or so seconds AFTER the loudest part of a cold-start
- Power window controls are "weird" with how you have to switch back and forth between front and rear control
- Why isn't there a setting to auto-up the windows after lowering the top as part of the process?
- Why isn't there a setting to auto-up the windows after closing the top as part of the process?
- Why do I have to depress the brake AND the clutch to start the car if it's Neutral?
- Why does I have to keep my foot on the clutch until after the car has actually started (removing it early will stop the car from cranking and it won't start)?
- Why can't I have remote start in a manual as long as the car is left in neutral?
- Please stop offering wireless charging in cars - it's completely useless with Apple Car Play and Android Auto (where you have to use a cable connection which also charges)
- Does anyone at GM think that anyone owns a phone that will fit in the little "pad" behind the console (which is where the wireless charging would be)?
- Where's my Homelink?
- Why are there only two USB ports in this car, and they're both in the center console where a phone ALSO won't fit?
- Why is there only one 12V socket and why is is placed where charging cables will suffer premature wear from being used?
- Why is there NOWHERE in this car to put a phone while you're driving?
- Why do I have to set the PARKING BRAKE to open the trunk with the engine running (manual transmission)? Isn't it enough to know that the car is stationary? This is a pain in the ass when you're trying to pick someone up that just stepped out of the store and they want to drop the (admittedly very small) bag of things they just bought into the trunk before getting into the car.

GM got so much right on this car, but it's just another example of those responsible for the interior not having a clue about owning and driving a car.
That's quite a list

Some things you mention do not apply to any manual tranny car. At least none that i have owned, or driven.
Is this your first manual tranny car?

The car starts up in Touring, because legally they want all the nannies on and that's a good thing.

The phone does fit nicely in a door side pocket. It also fits (but not as nicely) in a console.

Trunk opening requiring a parking brake on is a safety design and for a good reason imo.

I dont know anyone that parks their manual tranny car in neutral. Personally i dont think it is a good idea just im case a parking brake slips.

What is the issue with having exhaust, suspension and steering be able to be set manually, or automatically per a drive mode?

I agree, that storage in the car is extremely limited. Thank goodness for the rear seats But, there is still tons to love this car for - thankfully )

Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote