View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 09:09 PM   #248
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
If I was a gambling man I would say this is where the Anderson's wing comes from. http://www.screambodykit.com/view.php?ID=481
Check out the diffuser look familiar on that car even though its the page about the wing. Anderson's uses carbon post/stanchions that mate like the oem some wings attach to the stanchions with 4 exposed screws. little details like this and keyboard I can track down where this stuff comes from.

And what about carbon doors.. not many people are going to dabble with the doors..
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...2a44633d1Yc3Qk

I've talked to CWS but them seem fishy I think there a trade company not the maker of the products I could be wrong but I get that vibe. ( A trade company is a middle man posing as a manufacture prices are a tad higher!)

I know its hard to trust people especially in China but hell this stuff is all made in China If you notice Anderson's sister company is seibon carbon. Which is manufactured or based in china.

I did a lot of business with the Chinese bought 1000s of dollars in Brushless motors, Foam and composite jets, servos, Lipo batteries, and speed controllers. I never got scammed but also I all ways searched for the maker of the items to get the best prices. You have to weed through the middle man a lot to find the actual manufacture. It takes a keen eye to see the difference of a copy made from a copy. anyhow I come to trust 3 makers of carbon if I was going to buy direct and for go the wait!

Racing & Carbon Fiber MFG CO LTD ( SABON CARBON)
sales@racing-cf.com
Instagram: @saboncarbon if you want to check out there work.

Sabon's Wing is pretty impressive just you need there carbon trunk to go with it since the holes will not line up perfectly to the oem holes... they were totally honest up front about this. I believe this is what's happening to the wings that are imported lately the companies that went on line to resale these items just assumed the holes matched and the wing would sit flush. You can get a wing and trunk for the same price as a wing from here. just FYI.. See quote..

I sent my LPE carbon scoop to be made by SAbon and got a hell of a good quote.. The weave on the LPE doesn't match the twill on the car plus I can get some made for people with the Edelbrock.

Supertechnics and screamingbodykits seem pretty reliable as well.

Trufiber should make this wing just, I couldn't give up my wing to copy. It was to expensive to part with.. and was no guarantee to get it back in perfect condition since the winglets would have to be pulled off to make to make the mold.

I think some of these companies are 3D SCANNING the wings vs old school making a mold from the oem part and this is why there are fitment issues.

A little off topic but hopefully it gives you some choices and something to think about.
Contacted screambodykit.com and they gave me a quote of $1050 plus shipping of another $475. 3 weeks lead time, coming out of China! Might be a worthwhile investment, but I don't like doing business with any company out of China. Way too many questionable characters for me to feel comfortable.
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote