View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 12:40 PM   #15
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
"I'm aware that many say to run them at 30 psi hot but that's not my experience nor is it recommended by the Pirelli reps here in Canada. I had 2 rear tires fail and Pirelli would not warranty as they said I was running the pressures too low, particularly cold. For a 911 they said not to run them below 32 psi cold! I begin at 32 front and 34 rear cold then come into the hot pits after 4 or 5 laps and bleed down to hot pressures of 34 front and 36 rear and run at that pressure for the day. "

As reported on Rennsport. Pirelli recommends "about 2.2bar which is 32psi "to be adjusted based on a car". They had a chart posted for this but I can't find it anymore. Might have been their Euro site. Anyway, even for slicks, they recommend 2.5bar for "touring cars", which means: "heavy".
F toe out is not a "band aid solution" by any means Good luck with the Nittos - looking fwd to your review!
I read the same exact thing and many other reviews as well
I read mixed reviews about the cold/hot pressures on them. On Camaro forums someone mentioned "
On the Trofeos, w/negative camber maxed out, I find the optimal hot tire pressure to be 32 psi. 33 is tolerable, and once I get past that the tires start to feel a touch greasy at the limit. This has been verified at track events by a tire professional, measuring temps across the tread and correlating that to tire pressures."
My close friend (X25) who had a Gen 5 1LE with Z28 conversion also mentioned that when he was running these tires.
In order to see 32-33 psi hot, I need to be able to do 25-26 psi COLD which I am trying to avoid at the moment. It is impossible to see 32-33 hot PSI with my car as I pass those pressures without even finishing the first lap

Car certainly begs for more camber, and the camber is a must IMO since we don't have double wishbones to maintain the negative camber and Pirelli advises -3.0 (just like the Hoosiers) it may be because of the sidewall design. Although, toe out upfront will affect the steering wheel for a sharper turn in, it won't have the similar effects with the camber. Aggressive toe out will also reduce the tirelife more than the camber since I am driving to events not towing at the moment

It sounds like Trofeo R would be a better match for a stiffer suspension (like Multimatics on the Z28) and/or wider wheels to stretch them.
Taken directly from Pirelli's website:

Quote:
P Zero™ Trofeo R does not usually require higher pressures for racetrack use. It is designed for use at a pressure of approximately 2,2 bar, to be adjusted according to the type of car.

The figures indicated refer to the “operating pressure”: the pressure of the tyre when it is fully warmed up to working temperature. For accurate calibration, it is essential to consider that the difference in temperature between a “cold” tyre and a “hot” one is quite significant, normally 0.5 bar.
Running 32psi hot with 7 psi gap (25 psi cold) is not possible in my case

Enough of high jacking I guess lol, we can talk about it in more detail in PMs
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote