View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 03:44 PM   #3
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaBum View Post
NPP is an okay sounding exhaust, but I'd like a deeper and louder sound.

Will I be able to get it with just an axle-back or am I going to have to go catback?

My mustangs and GTO I just swapped the mufflers out and got better sound. I am just wondering if swapping NPP out will be appreciably different.

Also can I replace the NPP mufflers with non-NPP axle-back without removing the ability to put the NPP back and have it function properly? Or would the hardware and things for the NPP have to be removed as well?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this question has already popped up here before.
There are a few axlebacks that support NPP, but you can go without and save a few bucks. You just plug the vaccum hoses. But since you have NPP I would get an axleback that supports NPP. Then you can have loud and softer controlled by car settings or drive mode. Then if you decide to sell the Camaro you can put the stock NPP muffler back on and sell the aftermarket axleback. A used NPP axleback will be worth more and more in demand than a non NPP axleback.

The Borla as mentioned is a high quality item and you pay for that. Hooker is a little cheaper and has two volume options. The quieter of the two Hookers is my choice so far. And who doesn't want to save money when buying Hookers? I think Stainless is the cheapest. There are a few other choices like Magnaflow?, not sure all support NPP.

Last edited by Fraxum; 08-18-2016 at 04:12 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote