View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 11:53 AM   #7
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymongrel View Post
To clarify #2; so if you're going 60 down a highway, and want to overtake someone, you can downshift from 6th to 3rd gear with no resistance and just depressing the clutch? No, double clutching? Do you have to rev match before or after you put it into 3rd? Mine won't even go in unless I rev it 1st, then by the time it's in gear the revs have dropped and I have to blip again so I don't strain the drivetrain.
I will give this a whirl tonight on the way home.

But if you "have to double clutch" to downshift, then I suspect your synchronizer(s) are not doing their job. That would also explain the noise, and possibly the popping out of gear business.
Like I said, none of this is normal.

UPDATE: So I tried this, and several variations. I have a 6.2 with the M6. On the highway I could easily downshift from 6 to 3 at 70 mph. I did it with the rev match feature on, and with it off. I also tried running through all the forward gears with the clutch depressed. No resistance other than that from shift linkage itself. Nothing fought me or wanted to pop out. This is all at about 70-80 mph on the highway.

Last edited by ctrlz; 08-19-2022 at 06:54 AM.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote