View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 06:56 AM   #6
Polymongrel

Drives: 22 Chevy Camaro 1lt V6 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
My M6 in a 2017 2SS does none of these things.

2 & 3 sound like shifter mechanism or linkage problems.

1 could be a lot of things, since you are unloading the drivetrain when you disengage the clutch. Clutch has a record here of being pretty quiet, so maybe driveshaft or differential (which has a reputation for noise).
So, I've made an appointment for next week to get things checked out. For #1 I do want to say, since you have an SS your trans is a different model from mine. Maybe that's why you dont have the noise?

To clarify #2; so if you're going 60 down a highway, and want to overtake someone, you can downshift from 6th to 3rd gear with no resistance and just depressing the clutch? No, double clutching? Do you have to rev match before or after you put it into 3rd? Mine won't even go in unless I rev it 1st, then by the time it's in gear the revs have dropped and I have to blip again so I dont strain the drivetrain.

These are things I never had to do on my '94 m5 Camaro so hopefully you understand my confusion on the function of this new car. Just put it in 3rd, rev match and you're off.
Polymongrel is offline   Reply With Quote