View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 07:54 PM   #33
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEThumper View Post
I’m one of the odd ones...it doesn’t use hardly any oil at all. Now the flat plane crank....no idea why they did that and it’s a dumb idea all the way around. If the engine in that car ever lets go it will get a normal crank back in it. They just tend to shake the car apart.....had I known a little more about that prior to ordering it, I don’t know if I would have gotten the car. Either way, I got it for a reason.....my daughter’s name is Shelby and it will be her car one day....given she behaves (she’s 5 right now).

Can’t wait to see what the Camaro is like on track...I will say it has a gripper tire on it out of the factory (mine came with super sports) and tires will make all the difference in the world on track times. Probably why they went with Cup2’s on the new cars. Probably 2+ seconds at most tracks. It would be nice if GM did a similar package on the 1LE...have a track pack with cups, bigger splitter and wing then a street pack with 4S tires or something.
Well, i hope she behaves and gets the car. But given her name and all, I would be surprised if she didnt regardless You must be some Dad. Good on ya!!!

As far as the 1le on track. Assuming you know how to push a car, you'll be duly impressed. Including the tires. Those G3s are not some 4S equivalents. Ive tried Cup2s on mine and they were NOT any faster...Goodyear produced magic here with both G3 and G3R. Check out the thread on slicks in Road Course section and the tire comparo vid ive posted. 220 rating is a big joke!
Ive tracked a few cars and no other car had as sweet a balance as a 1le. Here's one data point for ya to ponder:
1le beat a mighty z28 at Laguna with higher weight to power ratio, no trick DSSV suspension, less than 90lb difference in weight and no 60 rated Trofeo R official semi slicks. Need i say more? Enjoy!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote