View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 08:56 AM   #6
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow View Post
As a looker, I am conflicted on this question as well... For a street driver in d2d life the 1LE has +/-s.

1. I'm not a fan of the wrapped hood for a street car. I question the longevity with sun exposure.
2. Will the front end get ripped off the car when entering / exiting gas station curbs etc.
3. Not a fan of alcantera for prologed use vs plain leather wheel and shift knob.
4. More cooler lines and BS to break. I've replaced enough leaking GM oil cooler and trans cooler lines to know the design fails over time and it is a PITA to fix!

Plus side of course..
1. Brakes!
2. Great package value wise.

To note, yeah if you enduro race these then the 1LE would be spot on... For normal drag or auto-x a normal trim level is just fine as you will not need to dissipate heat.

Def a hard decision. Also add that I think the 1LE will hold greater resale value in the long run.

IDK any insight is appreciated... Right now I think the new LT1 trim would be hard to beat.
1. Wrapped hood is not a big deal, it can be removed... it's just a big sticker.

2. No

3. Fake suede can be cleaned. IDK why this is such a big deal to some, just clean it?

4. I have not read of any such issues but the cars aren't that old.

1. Brakes are NOT a plus using the car on the street, way too much brake and rotors are $$$.

2. Agree

For Autox the 285/305 tires are a HUGE plus, as is the ELSD. Basically, if you're going to autox or track the car the 1LE is a huge upgrade. The SS 1LE is actually A-Street class in autox which kinda sucks. IMO it should be classed down but I don't care that much. Non-1LEs are in F-Street.